Getting Started with MailChimp
This course takes you through the basics of using MailChimp for the first time; uploading email lists and creating campaigns from scratch, step-by-step. The course is delivered through video walk-throughs so you can follow along as we go. These are broken down into sections so you master one section before moving onto the next.
The course covers:
- Uploading and managing lists
- Creating email templates
- Setting up a campaign from scratch
- Creating signup forms
- Using Automation (Auto-responders)
- Interpreting reports.
Estimated time to complete the course: 3-4 hours.
If you've been struggling to get started with MailChimp, this course will get you up and running, generating new and repeat business through email marketing.
What are the requirements?
- Visit www.mailchimp.com and sign up for a free account. Make a note of your login details and have them ready to get started.
- We will look at advanced features within MailChimp which will require a paid plan. If you wish to follow along, you will need to upgrade your account.
- You do not need any prior knowledge of using MailChimp
What am I going to get from this course?
- Upload lists to a MailChimp account
- Add new subscribers to existing lists
- Set up and edit an email template to use in future campaigns
- Create a new email campaign from scratch
- Master the text editor, adding images, links and buttons
- Test and schedule an email campaign
- Report on how successful a campaign has been
What is the target audience?
- This course is for small business owners looking to start using MailChimp or those responsible for marketing in organisations and charities who are looking to use MailChimp to keep in contact with their database
- This is not for regular users of MailChimp who want more in-depth training as it simply provides an overview.