On 21st January, I travelled down to London for the first ever Biddable World conference organised by Kelvin Newman of BrightSEO fame.
The conference was aimed at marketing professionals who specialise in biddable media, whether that's paid search (Google AdWords, Bing Ads) or social advertising on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. There was a good mix of agency staff as well as in-house marketers in attendance and the event was well supported by sponsors and a great turnout of around 600!
I prepared a talk on Twitter Ads which were launched in November to UK advertisers.
I discussed the different advertising options that Twitter gives us with Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts and Promoted Trends.
I also looked at the difference between Twitter and other advertising platforms like Google AdWords and Facebook, then gave some practical tips on setting goals for your campaigns, using the different targeting options that Twitter gives us and some really useful tactics to generate more engagement and make your campaigns successful.
Finally, I finished up with how to build, run and report on your campaigns and 5 key takeaways:
1. Forget Google AdWords - you'll need a different strategy for Twitter and social in general
2. Be clear on your goals - Your goals will determine which type of campaign to run.
2. Target the right people - Make sure your advert is only displaying to people who will find it relevant.
4. Create and promote great content - give people something they will want to share
5. Run, report, improve, repeat - use the data in Twitter Analytics to identify what works and what doesn't.
And here's the slides from my session:
There's also been some great reviews of the conference by other attendees:
Zazzle Media - Biddable World 2014 Top Takeaways
Datify - Biddable World Live Roundup
Zest Digital - Roundup: Biddable World January 2014
The Media Octopus - Inspirational talks on PPC & paid social from Biddable World
State of Digital - Tentative Steps into Twitter Advertising #BiddableWorld
Fast Web Media - Sean's Biddable World Round Up
Alphaquad - Biddable World 2014
Thanks, everyone, for all the great feedback. I'll hopefully bump into some of you again at a conference in the not too distant future!